DOWNLOADABLE PDF FORMS TO COMPLETE IN ADVANCE:
APPOINTMENT POLICY DEMOGRAPHIC FORM HIPAA PATIENT PORTAL
APPOINTMENT (APPT) CONFIRMATION POLICY- RESPONSE NEEDED
TVC uses an automated TEXT/EMAIL system to confirm your appt. If you do not reply YES, we assume you are unable to keep your appt & it will be canceled 72 hours prior to your appt time. Those who do not text/email need to contact our office 3-5 days prior to the appt to confirm.
CANCELLATION POLICY- 48 HOUR NOTICE
Once you have CONFIRMED your appt, TVC requires at least 48 hours notice if you need to reschedule or cancel your appt. Last minute cancellations may require a NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT to schedule your next appt. This deposit can be used as a credit toward your office visit fees when you keep your next appt; however, it will be used as an office visit fee if that appt is not kept.
AUTOMATED TEXT/EMAILS SENT FROM TVC:
- Initial text/email– Sent immediately after the appointment (appt) is made with a link to add it to your calendar.
- Confirmation text/email– One week before your appt, you will be asked to respond YES to confirm your appt.
- Cancellation warning text/email– All UNCONFIRMED appts will be sent a final reminder THREE days before the appt. All unconfirmed appts will be cancelled at 6 p.m. THREE days prior to the appt date.
- PORTAL LINK– You will receive a text/email with a link to our portal and your user ID and temporary password.
- Completing your medical health history through our secure portal improves accuracy and saves time in the office.
- USER ID: This will be texted to you when you schedule your first appointment (NEW PATIENTS).
- PASSWORD: A temporary password is assigned, and the system will prompt you to set up a new password. (If the password doesn’t work- click “forgot password” and the system will email you a link to set up your password).
- If you are unable to complete this prior to your appointment, you will need to arrive 30 minutes early to allow for time to complete this and for the staff to enter this into your electronic record for you.
PORTAL TIP #1
The portal does not allow you to save your social security number or change some information such as your insurance details. Do not be alarmed if some sections do not allow you to update. CONTINUE TO THE NEXT SECTION
PORTAL TIP #2
Be sure to save after each section before you go on to the next section.
PORTAL ASSISTANT If you get stuck on a section or have questions, use the Portal Assistant as a guide.
WHAT TO BRING TO YOUR APPOINTMENT
NERVOUS ABOUT YOUR FIRST EYE EXAM? TIPS TO HELP
REQUEST YOUR PREVIOUS RECORDS FAXED TO US
WE LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR VISIT TO TOTAL VISION CARE!