TOTAL VISION CARE SERVICES
- Routine Vision Exams (at an affordable price and accepting most vision plans).
- Contact Lens Exams and Fittings for soft contact lens options including toric, multi-focal, monovision, and daily disposables.
- Specialty Contact Lens Fittings for patients with irregular corneas. Dr. Mayes utilizes rigid gas permeable (RGP) lenses, hybrid lenses (Synergeyes), and scleral fitting lenses for most specialty fits.
- Comprehensive Medical Eye Examinations for patients with cataracts, glaucoma, diabetes, age-related macular degeneration (ARMD) and other diseases affecting the eyes.
- Dry eye care Dr. Mayes' passion is treating dry eye disease. She has built a dry eye practice on the premise that this condition affects a significant portion of her patient base and, when managed appropriately, can improve vision and comfort needed to improve quality of life.
- Pediatric care has always been a priority to Dr. Mayes. We provide free "toddler screening exams" for patients age 0-3 presenting for their first eye exam.
- Acute care/Emergency care- Please call or text 405-790-0393 if you have any vision changes, eye pain, or eye injury. If you contact our office after hours, our answering service will triage your symptoms to determine if you need to be seen urgently. If you feel you are experiencing an emergency, we recommend going to the OU medical center emergency room where they have an ophthalmology resident on call 24/7.
- Surgeries and Specialty eye care co-management- At TVC, we discuss options for refractive surgery such as LASIK to all potential candidates. Referrals for cataract surgery, plastic surgery involving the eyelids, lid lesion removals, glaucoma and retina surgeries/laser procedures, cornea crosslinking for keratoconus, and other specialty care can be coordinated. We perform evaluations, make recommendations for referrals, and often participate in the post-operative care involved.
- Minor procedures- Punctal plugs, Amniotic membrane/stem cell treatments of the cornea, Foreign body removals from the cornea and conjunctiva, Punctal dilation/irrigation, Blepharitis lid treatment, Epilation of lashes, and other minor procedures can be performed in-office as needed.